Monday 15 October 2012

A bit of a 50-50 week.

Okay first things first its been an eventful couple of days (eventful in the sense that many things happened but I didn't really get anything done.) I have made some progress with the film but they are mainly discoveries of things I am not going to be able to achieve myself.
So first things first.
Adobe has script-writing software as well as footage logging software. This is news to me but finally decided to look into what was in the creative suite aside from premiere and audition and lo and behold.
could be useful if i'm hoping to increase the production quality of this film but its another bit of software that I will have to spend time learning so sorry Adobe Prelude and Story you may have to wait before I play with  you.

Okay best bit of news regarding the film so far Craig Mckenna has put himself forward to act as a producer of sorts. This is a very welcome offer seeing as I am wandering unknown territory right now. Still need to work out the specifics of how we will communicate throughout pre production but exciting stuff nonetheless.

Next up are preliminary FX tests. Kev shot some footage for me to experiment with after effects on and the results are mixed to just downright awful. Unless I can do some kind of crash course in AE I don't think I am going to be doing the FX for this film, in short I just think that I don't have a clear enough understanding of the program yet so I need to make some decisions regarding that.

Before me and Kev shot the footage though I did manage to get a plot synopsis down. this is an important step before I get my first script draft done and I am pretty happy with the concept I have so once I have it typed up ill put it on the blog for review (its currently in my little notebook which is fast becoming my bible for this project).

so far that's all I have really I am going to continue to work on the effects tests and see If i cant improve the result a bit. But other than that most of the updates will be coming next week with a few possible surprise updates coming the in the next few days.
Peace Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment